Well T had a field trip this weekend to Carlsbad Caverns. I wanted to go but decided that bunking with a bunch of 7th grade girls did not sound fun so...dad went. Here are just a few highlights from their trip. Enjoy!

This is a bat, if you look closely, that has been dead for over
150 years and is fossilized to the wall.
These photos are inside the cave.



This is called Green Lake inside the cave.

The poser as usual.
This is the windy part down. It's about 800 ft down. The straight drop is 1.5 miles.
It took them about 1 hour to walk it and then at the bottom was
an elevator to get back up. NICE!

On the way down.


This is "new" growth and it has taken 75 years to get to this size.
Talk about a slow growth rate.

Everyone at the end.
It seems like it was enjoyable.
2 comments:
Only been there once, and I was to young to remember. Thank gosh for pictures.
That bat's pretty cool. I wish I could go on field trips like that!
Post a Comment