Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation while Dad works


Chris had the opportunity to learn some new stuff at work. He was sent to Sacramento, CA for 2 weeks. The two younger boys and I decided we would go with him for company. Well he ended up driving the 14 hours there and back and we for the most part slept. Good company huh? Anyway, here are some highlights of our trip. We left July 3 and got home July 17.

This town had awesome 4th of July celebration. They have a band

come play, a bunch of county fair rides and food.





Free balloon toys. This town also had free movies.
I know they are movies that you can rent but the boys
and I were able to go see two free movies.

Selling of fruit on the side of the road.
Not something you see in our town.

Ocean Beach. Yes we bought jackets. It was 96 in Sacramento
and we drove 2 hours to San Fran where it was 50. SHOCKER!
FAVORITE activity was swimming with Aunt Valerie's dogs.
And petting her REALLY chunky cat.



Here we are in the middle of a free scavenger hunt in Old Sacramento.
Interesting and fun to do!



The only free lake we found. Sacramento had too many lakes and
rivers to count. We stopped at many and found they all cost money
to just drive or walk in. One was 5 a person most were 10 a car.
We were so disappointed. Who knew you could charge just to
come sit near a waterway? Anyhow, we found this one. It was
free to get in. YEAH! The boys had fun throwing rocks trying to skip
them. One day we went on a canoe. Which was fun but I was so
nervous to be tipped over as the water was FREEZING!

Awesome park with a fun playground.
The boys are under in the shadows.

This was hillarious! The turkey was chasing the cat!

Free tours of Jelly Belly factory. Very neat to see. Did you know,
Jelly beans can take 7-22 days to become a ready to eat bean?
Interesting huh?


San Fran Zoo. Very cold but we shared the blanket.
Must take pictures with favorite animal.
Aquarium, half off because we have a zoo pass.

You can touch the manta ray and this shark.

Golden gate...this town was AWFUL! it seemed like every street
had construction on it so traffic was SLOW!
The boys had a blast here. It was a science exploration place.
I even got in free because I am a teacher...woohoo!

In Old Sac they had a train museum that we went and visited.
This picture was taken as he states "He's a hobo too!"

All together for dinner.

Aunt Valerie and her Granddaughter Avary


Blake and this fabulous hairstylist. He sat so still.
Never has before. I sad you sat still because she was pretty.
No mom! I sat still because I did not want her to mess up.
Look closely, she put designs in his hair. She was awesome!
I had even talked myself into not tipping because we would
never be back and we don't usually get good service.
I did tip. BUT She was so GOOD,
I am even going to write a letter to the company.

No comments: