Sunday, August 31, 2008

Recap part trois (that is 3 in French)

So from this picture you are probably thinking "wow they went to New York? I can't believe the whole statue fit in the photo." But no we were not we were in France where the statue is maybe a fourth of the size. (Don't mind the dates on the photos Ash replaced her batteries and did not adjust the date)
Here is me taking a picture trying to be cool like the best photographer in the world...MISTY! (who is planning on giving me a really good deal on soccer photos (this is me winking...right?!?!)
Here is my husband sitting outside the Louvre with the armed military in the background. T really wanted to pose with them but they said they were not allowed to so we had to be creative. T was walking around chasing birds so he did not get his pose. Next time!
Here we are posing in front of the Church of the Sacred Heart. There was probably 2-300 stairs to climb from the lower street up to the church. This was day 2 and my legs were KILLING me. Ash and I had climbed down the Eifle tower the night before and man the next week I was walking slowly and painfully. Was it worth it...I still don't know but next time I will wait in line to exit. The kids had the best time near here shopping at the flea market. I will post some of those later.

This is my husband taking a picture of Ash taking a picture of Notre Dame (in the background). Every church that we visited had cripples sitting out front begging for money and everytime my father would give them some change. I did not notice but the kids did and they even wanted to donate some of their hard earned money. Wow what a lesson learned for me, especially since T worked so hard to save his own money to spend (which in France and England is worth less...something that costs $1 in US would be $1.50 in F and $2 in E).

No comments: